Efficient Use of Cubic Yard
The best way to keep current on new content and features is to browse through the topics listed on this page. Most of these topics are available on the front page.
Here is a quick explanation of the content you will find in these topics:
- Editor’s Blog – Short editorials by the editor some of which contain information on new or enhanced content.
- Recent Forum Posts – Titles of the most recent posts in the forums – a good indication of what the current hot topics may be.
- Recent Additions & Changes – This block reports the last 15 content modifications and new content pages. Keep in mind that these pages are our “static” or fixed content – they are not news items; they are simply updates or additions to information we think is useful to our visitors. By checking this information on every visit, there is not much chance you will miss any changes to our fixed content.
- Most Recent Feedback – Cubic Yard is a “Community Website” which means we ask for and act on our members input. The Most Recent Feedback block reports the last three comments made by our members using the FEEDBACK menu option on the front page.
- Talk Show Schedules – Gulf Thunder Corporation and Cubic Yard host call-in talk shows which allow our members and website guests to discuss a variety of issues. Our talk shows give you the opportunity for interaction and networking that is much more fun than using the website alone. The talk shows are recorded and placed on Cubic Yard as downloadable podcasts. You may also subscribe to the podcasts at iTunes.com.
- Recent News Items – In order for any of our content to be categorized as “News” it must be either (1) original content created by our staff or submitted by our guest authors or members, or on rare occasions (2) deemed important enough to our visitors – and likely unknown to our visitors. Look for original news stories here.
- Recent Comments – This block gathers input from our visitors from all areas of the site – not just the forums. Practically all of our content allows visitors to leave comments and very often there are comments on comments. This is another good place to look for “hot topics” and get a feel for others thoughts on a variety of topics.
- Recent Contractor Ads – Cubic Yard is proud of the fact that we can help our members promote their business by offering free advertising. This block shows the last tree advertisements input by our members and this block if often the first block read by companies needing contractors. We recommend that our members place at least one ad per month and mention their company by name and give details on services offered and service areas. Be sure to mention cities, counties, states and anything else that others may be searching for.
- Recent Contractor News – Another opportunity for free advertising. Contractors are encouraged to use this feedback feature to mention changes in their business. Used along with the Recent Contractor Ads feedback feature, contractors can keep their business in the news. This feature is also used by our writers to comment on contractor interviews or other communications with contractors.
- If you are looking for a particular piece of information, use the search function. Cubic Yard has more pages than you could look through in a day; maybe a week; but the search function will find it within seconds. An added benefit of using the search function is that we look at the search requests every day and if our visitors are looking for information we do not have, we make adding that information a priority. You can probably make the same search in a couple of days and find that we have added the information you are looking for if it is related to the mission of this site.